There is a common myth for ages about fat being a bad substance. Actually, not all fat is bad for our body. This constituent is definitely one among the list of top foods that we have to consume the in right amounts in our daily lives. Perplexed? Read on to know more about the health benefits of fats.
Fat is primarily of 2 types: The good fat and the bad fat;
Good Fats: The foods that fall under this category are omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, which are essential to lower the unhealthy cholesterol from our body and to induce HDL cholesterol. Olives, sunflower oil, nuts, fish and the like contain healthy fat substances in them.
Bad Fats: These involve saturated fats and Trans fats which cause high-risk diseases. Bad fats create a layer called plaque in the walls of the blood vessels. This is one crucial reason for heart ailments. Foods such as butter, cheese, ice-cream, meat etc. contain unhealthy fats that contribute to enhance the LDL cholesterol that induce plaque in blood vessels. Coconut oil, chicken skin, fried food, packed pastries and cakes, palm oil are certain foods that have to be avoided.
Now that you know about fats, it is important to get an idea about the role of cholesterol in our health.
The adverse effects of Cholesterol are slightly lower when compared to foods that contain trans fats and saturated fats. It contains vitamin D and is vital to secrete certain hormones and to digest fat. However, cholesterol can cause serious ailments for people who are diabetic.
Learn to Develop Healthy Fat Habits
- Learn to say ‘no’ to trans-fat foods like fried stuff.
- Always look into the nutritional chart in every food item that you purchase. Choose the foods that have 0% trans-fat and saturated fat.
- Start using healthy oils like olive oil, corn oil, etc. that keep your heart intact.
- Omega 3 acids are highly essential. Make it a part of your daily food list ingredient.
- Limit the intake of bakery products that contain high fat content.
- If you love red meat, then you got to lower down the portions of it and substitute to lean meat.
All the above are some of the most important points to ponder to lead a fat free life in the long run.
Stop craving for fatty foods and switch-over to a healthy life!