Of all those things that weigh you down, an over-weight physical condition can simply see your spirits hitting rock bottom. Going easy on Nutrition, exercise and attitude is the basis for a weight plan that works at all times. Having close to 1500 calories per day should be the target.
Losing weight rationally
- Increase calories after long workouts providing energy.
- Try having 10 cups or more of water or tea.
- Include Greek yogurt, cheese, egg whites and at least two cups of soymilk. Have a vegetarian diet with fish occasionally.
- Spread your calorie intake over 5 meals a day. Each consisting of 250-350 calories, except dessert which can be less than 150 calories. Keep chopped veggies in the fridge.
- Be consistent in doing 25-40 minutes of exercise 5 days a week, 6- 12 hours of yoga per week and 30 minutes of cardio for at least 3 days a week.
- Sport a positive attitude! Forgive yourself if you miss out on the exercise or eat something you should not. Never go in for extra workouts or eating less. Allow time for the body to get accustomed to the fitness routine.
Manage weight in 5 simple ways
These easy tips can help you shed weight and keep it off.
- Build lean muscle, increase metabolism and avoid temptation- weight training and a diet including nuts, whole grains, vegetables and fruits and high fibre content food should be your option.
- Watch your calories, plan your meal, add low fat dairy- stick to a meal by meal plan, this can help achieve the ideal 1800 calories per day for women. Low fat dairy consumption improves bone health and checks weight gain.
- Measure the portion with your plate as a guide- be aware of the amount of fats in your intake. Let half your plate be filled with veggies while the rest be divided between lean proteins and whole grains.
- Watch less TV and wad off those extra pounds. Cultivate the habit of daily weigh-ins.
- Eat a heavy breakfast- eating a heavy breakfast helps stabilize your weight. Oat-meal, Greek yoghurt and fresh fruits are excellent way to start the day.
- Focus to be on life-style change and not short- term plans.
- Get into a support group that is motivating to lifelong healthy eating and track your progress.
- Cut abdominal fat by keeping away from processed food and sugary beverages.
- Avoid fad- diets that leave you feeling deprived and discouraged. Be practical.
The Xcode Gene – O – Meter
It has been statistically proven that genes can directly or indirectly influence 50-70% of the variation in the Body Mass Index (BMI). This gene is extensively studied and plays an important role in reducing body weight with exercise, preserving the reduced weight and the eating habits. What is the reason behind its profound importance? It is a vital component of the brain and has a powerful influence on weight gain and eating habits. Its proper functioning keeps the body healthy and a variation causes obesity. Hence, it can be concluded that the body’s genetic tendency towards obesity is decided by this gene. Remember Weight management is key to good health.