What is a genome build?
A genome build or a reference genome is also known as a reference assembly. It is a digital reference nucleic acid sequence that is assembled by scientists. This serves as a representative example of a set of genes of the human genome. This however is not an accurate representation of the genome of any single person. Instead it is a haploid mosaic of genomes from different donors. For example the Build 37 reference assemble constitutes the genomes from 13 volunteers chosen anonymously from Buffalo, USA.
Steps to convert your raw data between genome builds
- Enter a valid email address.
- Select the current build number of your raw data
- Select the build number to which you wanted converted to.
- Upload your raw data
- Wait for about 15-20 minutes and then check your mailbox.
- Click on “Open Doc”
- Download your raw data.
Worried about Privacy?
- Your raw data file is deleted automatically within 48 hours
- So make sure that you download your file within that time!
Have more questions or concerns? Drop a comment below and we will get back to you
Some helpful links:
- How to download your 23andme raw data
- How to download your Ancestry DNA raw data
- How to download your Family Tree DNA raw data
- How to login to your Ancestry DNA account
- Interformat data conversion tool
- Multimerge tool