Methylation and MTHFR
Use your DNA raw data from ancestry genetic testing service providers like 23andme, Ancestry DNA, Family Tree DNA (FTDNA), Living DNA, My Heritage to know the status of more than 15 genes associated with the methylation pathway.
* Your report may not contain all of the traits listed here depending upon the number of markers present in your raw data file.
Categories covered in the MTHFR Report
- The Methylation report gives the status of the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) variants for more than 15 genes that have been found to influence the methylation pathway.
- MTHFR is the most important enzyme in the methylation pathway. The MTHFR gene status influences the MTHFR enzyme activity and consequently its effect on the methylation pathway.
The maximum benefits from knowing your genetics will be visible when you start using the pointers by becoming physically active, eat balanced meals and get adequate sleep. Using the knowledge of your genetic makeup will help you make better food choices or understand why you have always preferred certain types of food. Irrespective of the genetics everyone will be healthy if they have balanced food and exercise habits.
- Xcode Life does not provide any direct medical advice to individuals and the reports are to be interpreted only by qualified medical/healthcare professionals.
- Xcode Life does not have direct affiliate connections with any ancestry genetic testing service providers like 23andMe, Ancestry DNA, Family Tree DNA etc.
- Genetic information must always be considered in conjunction with other information about your health like lifestyle, family history, biomedical data, nutrition, physical activity etc.
- Genetic information is subject to revision based on latest advances in scientific research.
- Genetic interpretations are based on the result of population studies and what applies to the whole population may not be true to an individual.